Monday, December 21, 2009

Heartbreak?

I started to spot last night....my heart sank. While some folks will say spotting isn't unusual in pregnancy-- for me it means one of two things (afterall this isn't my first time down this road-- this is my 5th IUI): a) the obvious-- not pregnant and b) ectopic (as that is my most recent experience with spotting as the first symptom). I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I looked at it later and convinced myself you could see a faint vertical line (which is what I get for being cheap and not using the more expensive digital tests). This scenario also happened to me in one of my previous pregnancies, the test came in faint at first, then stronger, of course it ended in miscarriage, but that is a mere detail. So where do I stand now? Well, while my head is certain, my heart is not. Perhaps this is a coping mechanism-- allowing my heart to ease into the pain. Nevertheless, certainty will come in a couple of days.

Oh, and I'll use a digital pregnancy test, so there will be no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment