Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bald Face Liar, The Truth.

1. Swam with Sharks. True.
Granted they were the more docile Black Tip Reef sharks...stingrays were also present. What's a Tahitian honeymoon without a shark swim thrown in?






2. Hung out with wild animals on the Capitol Hill. True.

No I'm not talking about the politicians, though in that sense it is also true. During my time on the Hill Jack Hanna came with some of his animals to promote conservation. Drinks and appetizers with a lynx, condor and lemur just to name a few.







3. Drank with Ray Liotta and Peter Buck in Seattle bars. True, sort of and not at the same time. Really it was drank near Ray Liotta and Peter Buck. Ray Liotta was in Seattle filming a movie and he passed a friend of mine and I on the street. We tracked (stalked) him to a bar, where we met and got a photo with him. Peter Buck's (REM) wife (ex-wife now?) owned the Seattle's famed Crocodile Cafe, where many grunge bands got their start. Peter Buck would frequent the Cafe both as patron and owner.



4. Stranded in the Colorado Wilderness. True. My husband and I went off-roading and attempted to go over Tin Cup Pass in the Sawatch Mountains. Though it was early October, there was already quite a bit of snow-- the Jeep got stuck near the top of the pass where it nearly slide off the road (and down the mountain). With our dogs, we had to walk 7 miles through knee deep snow--completely unprepared for the conditions we were in-- to the nearest town, St. Elmos which is a ghost town. While walking, we couldn't help but notice the various large scat (never imagined I use the word "scat" in my blog) scattered about. While I have never actually seen the excrement of a bear or a mountain lion--- I knew what I was seeing at the time was the scat of a a large wilderness dwelling animal! It was well into the night by the time we made it to St. Elmos and we luckily found someone that actually lived there year round . He made a few phone calls to a tow company and hotel on our behalf and drove us 11 miles to Mt. Princeton, where we stayed the night. God Bless the good Samaritan. The folks at the hotel had the restaurant stay open for us and even cooked the dogs some dinner. The next day after several hours and several hundred dollars, we were able to get the Jeep off the pass and we headed home.


5. Back up Dancer for Chris Issak- True. My husband and I saw Chris Isaak in Atlantic City a few years back and as part of the show a handful of women from the audience are brought on stage to hang out on stage with Chris and the band and groove to a tune.



6. Acting Debut in Michael Moore's Roger & Me- True. Though exaggerated and since it was a Documentary, it wasn't really an acting debut and I didn't really know I was in it until it was out. In High School I was in choir and the choir was invited to sing at the GM's executive Christmas Party. Michael Moore was there filming. Really I was only on screen for mere seconds and was mortified.



7. Climbed Mt. Rainier-- Lie. Though this is on my list of things I would love to do.








No comments:

Post a Comment